In this post I am going to show to how to deploy virtual directories (formed when you expose Orchestration / Schemas as Web/WCF Service) using BTDF.
1. I am going to use a simple BizTalk Project with two schemas, a map between the two, and an orchestration that transforms the message.
4. Now, while generating the MSI file, I should include this virtual directory as well in order to do a successful deployment in QA & Production.
5. To do that, I am going modify my BTDF Deployment.btdfproj file. First I am going to include the below property group.
6. Right click the virtual directory and Click Explore.
7. This will open the folder containing the Virtual Directory. Copy this physical folder and make it as a part of my project folders.
8. In the BTDF Deployment.btdfproj file add a new item group to include this Virtual Directory as a part of my MSI File.
9. Ensure that you have set a proper Binding file in PortBindingsMaster.xml. Generate the MSI file and start installing the file.
10. While installing you might encounter an error like below.
11. In such a case open InstallWizard.xml file from you BTDF Project and add the below step.
12. This step will prompt the user for a User Name and Password to be set while creating the AppPool.
13. Now either regenerate the MSI file & reinstall the application or simply replace the already existing InstallWizard.xml file from your installation directory (c:\Program Files\Your BizTalk Application Directory of step 9 above).
14. Now try to redeploy the BizTalk Application.
15. This time, the application should install successfully.
Hope this gives you an idea on deploying Virtual Directories using BTDF.