This Link has the Structure of Soap Version 1.1 & 1.2 Fault Message
This post will show how to Catch a Soap Fault returned by a WCF Service in a BizTalk Orchestration.
- Consume a WCF Service and Implement the Logic for Sending the Request and Receiving the Response from the WCF Service.
- Right Click on the PortType and Select New Fault Message as shown below.
- A new fault port will then be created as shown below
- Now set the Message Type to either Soap Fault 1.1 or 1.2 as shown below
- Add a scope block to the Orchestration, set the transaction type to None and an Exception handler
- Give any Valid Name to the Object Name and Set Object Type to Fault_1
- Keep a Message Assignment shape in the Exception Handler and assign the captured fault to another Message
- Handle the Message as required
Note: Message_3 should be of Soap_Fault type as selected in Step 4.